Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Time marches on...

This week has been amazing and quick. I ate lots of restaurant food with friends and said my goodbyes. I drank a couple Kamikaze shots; it seemed to fit the moment.

Today I went on a photo tour of my hometown. I got some pictures of the beach, museums, city hall, and even my home. I even snapped a few shots of Manatee County's mascot, Snooty the Manatee. He's the oldest manatee in captivity at 63 years old! I'm thinking about doing a video tour of my house tomorrow for my future students.

I am leaving for Miami tomorrow night so I don't have to worry about traffic on the way to the hotel. Friday is the Miami pre-departure orientation and farewell reception. It will include a Japanese lesson, Q&A, and other events. It is all taking place at the consul-general's residence.

I know this update was kind of lame, but there really isn't a whole lot going on until I leave.

2 comments:

  1. How "teacher" of you to come up with all these things to show your students, they are lucky to have you!

    BTW, you are totally going to miss the food you got to eat this week, so savor every last bite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate at all my favorite restaurants including applebees, outback, ruby tuesday, and finished it off with a Publix sub before I left for Miami. I shipped taco seasoning ahead to Nara as well.

    BTW, the pics of Snooty are effing adorable. The lady even got him to flip over on his back and wave.

    ReplyDelete