Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another Update

Here are some of the few developments of the past couple days:

1. I got an email from a teacher at my school that confirmed everything B told me about the deposit and apartment. Hurray! B has agreed to let me set up my Japanese Bank account before transferring the money. That whole situation is hopefully, officially settled.

2. I bought a carry-on bag for Tokyo Orientation. It fits all the clothes I'll need for TO and I even managed to fit my PS3 as well. Now I can send both suitcases ahead to Nara at the airport and see them when I arrive. Both Nara PA's assured me that my bags will have arrived before I get to Nara or a day after.

3. I bought a bunch of comfort food to ship ahead of my arrival. Turns out, US customs won't let me send any food so that was a waste of time. I am still going to send a box with some trinkets, teaching supplies, and over-the-counter medications.

4. I did a practice packing recently and both of my bags are under weight! I am allotted 50 lbs, but mine weigh about 42 lbs after being filled.

That's all for now. 9 days 'til go time!

No comments:

Post a Comment