Friday, June 18, 2010

About damn time.

I was soundly sleeping this morning when suddenly a demon from the abyss hysterically jerked me from my sleep screaming 'OPEN IT! OPEN IT! OPEN IT!" Startled and distraught I screamed back, "HUH?!" Then the demon and I came to an understanding...it was my mother. The package from my Board of Education finally arrived.

It contained the welcome letter, terms and conditions, and the statement of agreement. Looks like I'm heading to Ikaruga-cho (town) in Nara! It's in the Northwest basin of Nara just outside of Osaka (6th largest city in the world!).

It's a small town with a population of about 30,000 people. It is famous for preservation of historical monuments including some very popular sites: "Horyuji Temple and Hokiji Temple which were registered as a World Heritage of UNESCO, Tatsutagawa River which ancient Japanese poets have admired the beauty of colored maple leaves, and so on."

I have been assigned to only one high school which is exactly what I wanted! I figure with just one base school, I can build a nice rapport with the school and community. It is an international school which seems to value English education and even plays hosts to foreign students!

I am very excited! I am now in waiting mode to hear about my specific living and work conditions which can only be described (really) by my predecessor. Hey Pred, if you're out there, find meeeeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment